Indoor Garden Update

I’ve had to remount the epiphyte garden because it got too big for the original mounting.  I’ve added some new Tillandsia bromeliads, and the original ones and the staghorn fern have grown a lot.  I love the piece of reclaimed barn wood that I mounted them on.  I think it has a lot more character than the one I used before.  I was having problems with the plants wanting to droop too far forward from their own weight and also with the back of the staghorn fern drying out too fast.  I cut holes in the wood for each of the plants to they could nestle more snugly into the mounting and I put a piece of plastic that I salvaged from one of my husband’s TV dinners on the back to keep any of the mounting material or plants from falling out the back.  So far so good.  The staghorn fern is putting out some vigorous new growth.  It’s pretty exciting to watch.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Celebration, House, Inside Garden, Method and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s