Here’s some more pictures to help bring this blog up to date.
This is how the garden looked on July 13, just as it was starting to get out of control
Here was my unsuccessful attempt at bringing the garden under control. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to get the plants tied up that I started tying support strings to the structure before I had finished securing the structure at the top. Once I started tying the strings on, the tension of the strings shifted the upper structure, and what was being held in place by tension in the upper structure suddenly wasn’t and everything came down
Here’s the garden in late August. By this time, the sunflowers had finished their life cycle and had been removed. The very tall plant that is closest to the camera in the left-hand bed is a Jerusalem artichoke
The garden on September 29. The yellow flowers are Jerusalem artichoke